This ain’t where they take you on the tour buses! Explore Vancouver’s dirtiest Prohibition-era secrets. From mobsters and rum-runners to corrupt politicians and rioters, this historical walking tour winds through Gastown’s most historic streets and alleyways – and most illicit stories.
ON THIS WALKING TOUR YOU’LL DISCOVER…
- Illicit speakeasies
- Back alley “blind pigs”
- Prohibition-era saloons
- Famous rum running routes
- Architecture of early Vancouver
- The tale of mob boss Joe Celona
- The infamous Gastown “Grass” riot
- The battle between bootleggers and the Dry Squad
- Urban legends with hidden truths
- And more!